Lily Chang © 2018
Early last week, I wanted to start a weekly ‘thankful’ list.
We live in a world where ugly things happen all the time and everywhere. And heinous deeds, whether personal or not, can impact and wound us deeply.
But, those aren’t the only sort that influence us.
Good things can leave a last impression, too.
Hope and love still exist.
I didn’t and don’t have any good reason for not having a list last week. The excuse was pathetic, really. I wanted it to look tidy and cool. So, nothing got written. Screw that.
Here’s my ‘thankful’ list for last week:
- Proctoring for the String Ensemble seating audition.
- Acquiring a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye for a decent price.
- Enjoying aburi hotate (seared scallops).
- A random stranger figuring out why my attempt to load 120-size film (onto my Brownie) wasn’t working.
- The same gentleman giving me one of his extra 620-size spools.
- Being gifted a Kodak Tourist (camera). That was a most pleasant surprise.
- Spending time with particular friends (you know who you are!).
- Having the ophthalmologist take the time to explain different issues of concern.
- Being able to see distance more clearly.
- Picking out fun specs.
- Finding a Royal De Luxe.
- Finishing various component parts, the basics, for my agent search: one-sentence synopsis, 75-word synopsis, half-page synopsis, two-page synopsis, one-page sell sheet, query, marketing and social media possibilities.