It came to me earlier that I hadn’t posted my gratitude list last week, as I had talked about doing weekly, here.
Let me delay no more.
This week, I’m thankful for:
- being able to seek cooler grounds, when it’s hotter than Hades outside.
- possessing an automobile to maintain the family’s hectic schedule.
- learning a challenging but fun piece — “Venite, inginocchiatevi!” — from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro.
- figuring out how to help my youngest do and hopefully understand sequencing math problems.
- living in a state that supports the arts: visual, performing arts, music, all of it.
- sending out queries and even enjoying the process.
- having meaningful relationships and engaging in stimulating conversations.
- seeing and eating well-designed, carefully prepared dishes that were works of art. Aburi hotate, from Sushi Den, is one of my all-time favorites. Today’s Sockeye Salmon from Canada was outstanding: robust in flavor, not fishy-tasting, and smooth.
- getting positive and excited responses about getting together to celebrate my birthday this weekend.
- seeing vivid, colorful reflections in the water at Hudson Gardens.
- watching people enjoy life and spending time together.
- talking with a young woman who’s passionate about rallying support for indigenous outcasts.
- witnessing the kiddos’ love for music and listening to them practice.
- having friends from different walks of life.
- being part of a metropolitan area with eclectic interests.
- spotting pleasant surprises, like the ones I saw when I picked up my glasses. See below.
Lily Chang © 2018