For those of you who are interested in reading random stuff about me, here you go.
CAN YOU FILL THIS OUT WITHOUT FIBBING?
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Ginger ale.
2. Where was your profile picture taken? Nashville’s Farmer’s Market (this is a Facebook repost).
3. Worst pain you experienced? It’s a toss up between having two kinds of hemorrhoids simultaneously from pushing twins into the world and delivering them without any pain management whatsoever.
4. Favorite place you’ve traveled? That’s a hard one. San Francisco, Paris, Heidelburg, Kauai, Taipei, Hokkaido…
5. How late did you stay up last night? Not sure. I dozed off a couple of times after the kiddos went to sleep. I finally got up to brush my teeth around 3-something and went to bed.
6. If you could, would you move somewhere else? Not sure how to answer that one. I dream of owning a historic home that I can give tender loving care. And maybe a summer home somewhere abroad. At this point, that is just me dreaming.
7. Favorite toy as a kid? A handmade cabbage patch doll my mom bought for me at a YMCA craft fair.
8. Favorite TV show as a kid? I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched.
9. How do you feel right now? Content.
10. When was the last time you cried? This morning.
11. Who took your profile photo? Me.
12. Who is the last person you took a picture with? Carmen. I first met her as the conductor of the string ensemble my oldest two are in. She has become a good friend since then.
13. What would your perfect career be? A successful, well-published writer whose books get read over and over again, because I’ve successfully invited the imagination out to play, made people think, and encouraged others about love and hope existing despite a harsh and sometimes quite dark world.
14. Do you think relationships are worth it? Yes. Absolutely yes.
15. If you could talk to ANYONE right now who would it be? I’d love to talk to lots of people….
16. Are you a good influence? Regarding what?
17. Does pineapple belong on pizza? Of course, it does!
18. You have the remote, what are you watching? I haven’t had a television with channels to watch in a long time, by choice. But, I love watching A Million Little Things and The Good Doctor.
19. Who do you think will play along? No idea.
1 thought on “Without Fibbing”
1: Apple fritter, interspersed with hot chocolate.
2: My living room in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
3: I’ve been very careful/lucky. A fall, roller skating. Nothing broken but the muscles in my right arm locked/spasmed for 3 days.
4: Charleston, SC/Washington DC suburb Charleston is historic and gorgeous, well worth a vacation trip. DC was for a visit to an online friend couple I’d known for 7 years.
5: Normal (for me) schedule is from 1 PM till 5 AM, but I had an 11:15 appointment this morning, so bedded down at 4 AM.
6: I’m a small-town boy living in a 500,00 city. I’d move back for the peace and quiet, but at almost 75, I need my hospitals and extensive list of medical specialists.
7: I’ve always been a handgun lover, in Canada where they’re pretty much not allowed. My Mom bought me a bagatelle shooting gallery, with a Colt 45 replica.
8: We didn’t get TV till I was 12. Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers serials reruns – or Peter Gunn
9: Comfortably full, and productive.
10: Two years ago, when the little female cat in my profile picture died in my arms. I’ve had many pets die during my life, but I still miss her. 😦
11: My wife – QUICKLY – because the Contessa didn’t like to be held/restrained.
12: I exist in so few photographs that I might be a figment of my own imagination. The wife, son, daughter, and grandson – about 5 years ago at a Sears photo studio, before they went extinct. The framed prints are still not up on the walls. 😯
13: I am contentedly retired. My only desired career now is as a blogger. If only what I did work at had produced more pension money.
14: I am a loner, very much on the spectrum toward being a sociopath, but I value quality, over quantity. The few relationships I have are rewarding and prized.
15: I have some attention span deficit, and scattered thinking – Neil DeGrasse Tyson – my buddy in DC, the guy who runs the French fry wagon….
16: There are some conflicting opinions about that. I like to think so.
17: On somebody else’s pizza perhaps. Everybody has the right to be wrong. The guy who invented the Hawaiian Pizza lived just 100 miles away.
18: We gave up network TV several years ago. I spend much quiet time reading. We occasionally watch The Expanse series, and old Charlie Chan movies. 4 men acted in almost 75 movies. All of them were white. Two of them were Swedish. 😳
19: Lindsay Sterling. She is a singer/songwriter, trained as a classical violinist and ballet dancer. Her solo music videos are breathtaking, but she ‘plays along’ with The Pentatonix. The 4 Tenors, and Sam Smith